Saturday was a local carnival in Maplewood that we had been promising Evan we would visit. After naps on Saturday, we headed over to the park where it was being held. I hoped it was the same company as the last carnival, since I still had 11 tickets left. We arrived and it was a bit of a disappointment, but they did have rides and it WAS the same carnival (with the same tickets) as before, but with the addition/subtraction of some rides. Evan went on the big slide, and Adrienne wanted desperately to go to, which means Mommy to the rescue. We all went on it 3 times, with Donna capturing the whole thing on camera. Evan went on the swings, both kids went on the cars (for Adrienne's benefit), Evan and Mom went on the spinning apples, and Evan and I went on the scariest ride ever. You got into rocket type cars, and you spin around in the air very fast. Then it gets more intense, and the tockets go up and down (you don't control them). It was INTENSE, definitely not a little kid ride, but Evan did awesome. I, however, screamed my head off (much to Evan's dismay). There was a playground nearby and Evan received his first compliment from a kid ever. There were some older girls at the top of the big slide who told him they loved his "cute button nose". I thought it was adorable, HE was less than impressed. So funny! At the end of the day, a woman approached us as we were heading to our car and asked where we got our backpack carrier that we had been hauling around for Adrienne to ride in (she refused). I told her Ebay, and she said she'd been looking for one, long story short, I sold her ours for $10. Whee! Made her day, and got one more thing out of the house that we were unlikely to use again as Adrienne does not enjoy riding anywhere unless she's being carried in my arms, thank you so much.
The spinning apple. Mind you, Donna does not enjoy spinning so this is a big deal for her!

Adrienne at the top of the climber, look how high up this is!

On the teeter totter, Adrienne grumpy because it's not moving enough.

Big big slide!

Getting off the big slide

Evan beating Donna at a carnival game (he won a stuffed tiger!)
No comments:
Post a Comment